Assistant Analyst – Market Development
Type of Position
Contribute to and provide support in the review, analysis, and reporting of Market Development activities including Market Rule Amendments, market development initiatives, and market development plan.
- Contribute to the development of Market Rule Amendments.
- Assist in the development of reports and submissions related to the Dispute Resolution or Market Surveillance Panels, including the Board of Directors. Contribute to the communication and dissemination actions as required.
- Assist in the support of Technical Panel procedures and deliberations and other administrative needs as required.
- Assist in providing advice to management on the relevance of external developments to the Ontario electricity market and other energy markets in the form of reports, presentations, reviews and study results.
- Participate in projects related to market development initiatives. This may include working closely with external consultants retained for the same.
- Assist in analyzing market development initiatives and contribute to producing the associated recommendations and reports.
- Contribute to the analysis and review of market development plans with the OEB and government agencies.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries about market development initiatives and activities.
- Propose revisions to standards, procedures or policies and other internal documentation pertinent to Market Development activities.
- Assist in identifying ways to improve the functionality of the department.
- Participate in a public stakeholder process of market development recommendations and reports prior to developing final recommendations.
- Represent the Division or the IESO, as assigned, on committees, task forces and in various forums to gather and/or provide information or explanation of data. Make presentations concerning methods, results or analytical studies pertaining to market development plan to internal and external groups, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the manager’s team to effectively implement the goals of the team within the context of the broader corporate direction.
- Perform other duties as required.
Requires academic training in business, commerce, engineering or economics at a level to understand and apply the technical/economical legislative parameters governing the energy industry and the market place. Requires excellent command of the English language, both written and oral, in order to develop reports, communication and to effectively interface with all contacts involved in accomplishing the work objectives.
This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a 4- year University degree in an appropriate discipline, or by having the equivalent education.
Requires an understanding of the energy business to become familiar with the inherent factors influencing the industry, a general understanding of the deregulation impacts on the IESO and direct requirements related to the specialty of the Market Rules function. Requires a background that allows for broad thinking and analytical and reasoning skills. Experience in building relationships and strong interpersonal skills. Must have management analysis skills and the ability to effectively complete work objectives/assignments/projects on time.
A period of over 4 years and up to and including 6 is considered necessary to gain this experience.
The core competencies listed below are important to achieving success in this position and in delivering the IESO's business objectives.
- Good analytical and communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Deadline oriented individual.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates organizational skills.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.
- A strong personal commitment to customer needs.
- A strong commitment to corporate objectives.
What the IESO Offers
- Competitive market wages;
- Comprehensive benefit programs;
- Programs and policies to support a balanced lifestyle;
- A challenging fast paced team environment;
- Opportunity to work with some of the brightest people in the industry.
If you have the experience and qualifications for this position, please apply on-line.
We thank all candidates for their interest in opportunities with the IESO. While we appreciate your submissions, we regret that we can only contact those candidates selected for interviews. The IESO is an equal opportunity employer.